PowerBox Royal SRS inc. iGyro, GPS Sensor & USB cable
Here at PowerBox Systems we have developed a new High-End product designed to provide supreme functionality and security for the demanding pilot.
Current requirements obliged us to adopt many new ideas during the development period: these include the triple-axis iGyro as well as our new PowerBus technology which is destined to introduce fundamental changes in the electronic layout of large-scale models as a whole.
In other respects we have retained proven concepts in further developed form. For example, the new Royal SRS is fully programmable using a menu system, controlled with the SensorSwitch and a blue backlit LCD screen; as usual, all battery-specific and flight-relevant data can be displayed on-screen after each flight.
The door sequencer function and the internal iGyro both feature integral set-up assistants which make it possible to complete the essential set-up procedures in very short order.
Over the last two years developments in serial receiver bus systems have brought them to the forefront of current technology and the new Royal SRS features these inputs.
The Royal SRS features no fewer than four high-performance voltage regulators allowing the use of both HV servos and conventional 6 V types. With dual security in mind, each pair of regulators can be set to an output voltage of 5.9 V or 7.4 V.
The Servo-Match and Fail-Safe functions have also been expanded: the software now provides adjustment facilities for all 24 outputs individually, covering servo centre, travels, fail-safe and hold-mode. Servo reverse is available with a single button-press.
Five different radio control systems - Spektrum, Futaba, Multiplex, Hott and Jeti - can be bound to the Royal SRS, some providing telemetry output of battery-relevant data.
The Royal SRS can be updated using the USB adapter and is therefore equipped to cope with new systems in the pipeline and possible future expansions.
Please note: Futaba S-Bus II receivers not compatible
- Integral iGyro: triple-axis gyro system with heading function and set-up assistant
- Six independent gyro outputs for: 2 x ailerons, 2 x elevators, 2 x rudders
- GPS-regulated gyro gain
- Special regulatory algorithm for fixed-wing model aircraft
- Extremely accurate triple-axis MEMS sensor
- Integral Delta and V-tail mixer
- Door sequencer: six freely programmable outputs with set-up assistant
- PowerBus: 2 outputs, 16 + 2 channels, compatible with other servo bus systems
- Servo-Match function: servo centre, end-points and reverse for all 24 servo outputs
- SRS: Serial Receiver System provides the facility to use receivers with serial interface: Spektrum DSM2 and DSMX, Multiplex M-Link, Futaba S-Bus, HoTT, JR X-BUS and Jeti R-SAT2
- Unrestricted channel assignment for all 24 PowerBox outputs
- Graphic LCD screen with 128 x 64 pixels
- Extremely user-friendly menu-based programming using the SensorSwitch
- Up to 18 channels - depending on the radio control system in use
- Signal amplification and interference suppression for all 24 outputs
- Flight recorder, recording of lost frames, fail-safe events and all battery data
- Variable frame rate, range 9ms – 21ms
- Two 16-bit processors for fast, high-resolution signal processing
- 2 x double-regulated output voltages for receivers and servos
- 2 regulated voltage ranges with independent selection facility, 5.9V or 7.4V
- Connection facilities for Spektrum, HoTT and Multiplex MSB downlink bus systems
- Direct transmission of battery voltage and capacity to the transmitter
- Separate voltage and capacity display for each battery
- Minimum value memory alerts the user to voltage collapses
- Large-area heat-sinks for high regulator performance
- Regulator monitoring, regulator error indicator
- Support for three battery types: LiPo, NiMH / NiCd, LiFePo
- Suppression of any servo feedback currents which may occur
- Updateable with PowerBox Systems USB Interface connectors
- Operating voltage 4.0V - 9.0V
- Power supply 2S LiPo, 2S LiFePo, 5S NiCd/NiMH
- Current drain Power-on state 185mA (with LCD)
- Current drain Standby 30µA
- Maximum load current Peak 4x20A
- Drop-out voltage 0.3V
- Output voltage 5.9V and/or 7.4V regulated
- Signal input serial
- Supported RC systems Spektrum, Futaba, HoTT, M-Link, Jeti, JR
- Receiver redundancy SRS
- Channels 18
- Servo sockets 24
- Programmable servo outputs 24
- Servo signal resolution 0.5µs
- Signal frame rate 9ms, 12ms, 15ms, 18ms, 21ms
- Integral gyro system iGyro
- Gyro regulation Heading- and Normalmode
- Gyro sensor type MEMS
- Number of sensor axes 3
- Screen LCD, backlite
- Integral door sequencer yes
- Supported telemetry systems Spektrum, HoTT, M-Link
- Dimensions 136 x 82 x 20 mm
- Weight 160g
- Weight Sensor Switch 15g
- Weight of LCD screen 65g
- Temperature range -30°C bis +75°C
Royal SRS Quick Start Guide
Note: The PowerBoxes (with the exception of the BaseLog) will not work with the Spektrum Power Safe receivers. We recommend you use the AR 9000 or the JR 921.
Note: DO NOT FLY ON FRAME LOSS SCREEN. Always fly on Dash Board Consumption Screen.
Notes regarding the different BUS systems
Question regarding door sequencing
LMA specification for models over 20kg
Futaba FASST receiver users ALERT
Wiring schematic when using an SRS PowerBox with Jeti receivers & telemetry
How to serial two Jeti receivers with an SRS PowerBox
Using a Jeti transmitter with an SRS PowerBox
Using the iGyro or the Royal SRS to configure thrust vectoring
Video - PowerBox Royal SRS Setup Part 1 - The Little Jet Company
Video - PowerBox Royal SRS Setup Part 2 - The Little Jet Company
Video - PowerBox Royal SRS Setup Part 3 - The Little Jet Company
Video - PowerBox Royal SRS Setup Part 4 - The Little Jet Company
Video - PowerBox Royal SRS Sequencer Part 5 - The Little Jet Company